Friday, November 28, 2008

Maybe? Maybe? No.

~photo by kaser one at Daily Bread

S WIND 15 TO 20 KT. GUSTS TO 25 KT THIS AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 13 FT AT 15 SECONDS.
Got all amped last night...
"I'll get up early..."
"Pack up my boards..."
"In the water early..."
"Still get my work done."
Still had the goal this AM...
But a check of the buoys...
A call for the inside line...
And the pile of work lined up...
Made for a reality check...
Probably would have taken more than one...
Of the above type waves at 13 foot...
On the head for good measure too...
So we'll hold on to next week...
And try to match those east winds...
With a mere 10 foot swell or so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Merle Dean Shamblin and I would like to be your new friend. I sure could use somebody to chat with. I am a 47 year old long haul truck driver who currently lives in Duncan Oklahoma. Dec 8th 1960 I was born in Fairview Oklahoma. Moved to Caddo and Washita counties where I attended school at Colony Hydro and Weatherford. My parents Malvin and Wanda Shamblin were cotton and peanut farmers. Dad died in 99 from lung cancer. Graduated from SWOSU with a business degree. My two sisters are LaDonna Hubert and Malva Burrahm. Dennis is my brother. I have been a truck driver for 14 years and have driven 2 million paid miles. I have received many safe driving awards over the years. I am single and have never been married. I have a wide range of interests and am pretty much an open book. Currently I drive a 2006 Freightliner for a major carrier. I dont go to Canada very often. I dont have a dedicated route so I run the entire lower 48. I enjoy reading cinema music sports travel etc

Anonymous said...

Well Merle
I certainly don't know much about trucking...
But if you're into surfing, Oregon and an healthy dose of ephemera...
Welcome aboard.

Anonymous said...

I want a new friend.

gee doc you have all the luck.

where are you anyway? i need my daily cold water fix.

peace

SURF AMBASSADOR HENDO said...

Nice blog, keep up the good work!
-Hendo