Friday, February 10, 2006

East Wind Happiness


E WIND 20-25KT...BECOMING SE 15-20KT WITH GUSTS TO 25KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 5FT. W SWELL 6FT AT 13 SECONDS.
Gotta love those offshore winds...grooming lines into spinning cylinders.

Local Report:
...this morning made me think I slept through spring. Saw a little small wave kook madness going on at the popular spot, but went out there anyway. Glad its back on already. Weekend looks sweeeeet. Finally got some color back in my skin. More sun please.

Glassy and occasionally crackin' in the PC area on Sat. Very little wind and a suprisingly punchy swell made for some head over heels action on the dropping tide.

Sat: ...hit a rarely surfed beachy. We paddled out towards flawless tubing lefts. No one was able to tuck into the elusive left hand tubes, so we paddled in. On the way in I decided to hitch a ride on a ferocious mound of white water but pearled my board. While under water I could feel an unpleasent tugging sensation and then snap. My leash broke clean in the middle. I scrambled for my board and made it to safety and for session #2 where I proceeded to get pitched over the falls in some hollow right hand beauties at Chambers.

0 comments: