Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hope


E WIND 5 TO 10 KT IN THE MORNING...BECOMING NE IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 2 FT.
W SWELL 7 FT AT 16 SECONDS.
TONIGHT N WIND 10 TO 15 KT.
WIND WAVES 2 FT.
W SWELL 7 FT AT 14 SECONDS.

Doubt I'll be pulling into anything this solid today. But east winds switching to north might hollow out the waves at a south facing cove I know of...hmmm.

Local Report:

The waves were definitely fun...not too big, but had some juice...it was working everywhere that I checked.

The size definitely jumped at about 2:30 or so, I saw an outside set that broke easily a 100' outside of where I was sitting and just reel down the beach perfectly with no one on it...I considered trying to paddle out to it, but didn't, never saw it break again though, so good decision.
~doc

It was in fact epic...Set waves double overhead (or maybe a foot under double), ...the sections were hard to make; which is to say, I couldn't make them... Racetrack. ...Gaz got the wave of the day for sure. Big outside, locked in, got a mini barrel, made the sections and it doubled up and he rode it to the beach.
~gills

0 comments: