Saturday, May 27, 2006

Pull In Hard


W TO SW WIND 15 KT...RISING TO 20 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 3 FT...BUILDING TO 5 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.
W SWELL 5 TO 6 FT AT 9 SECONDS.
TONIGHT W TO SW WIND 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING SW 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 5 FT...SUBSIDING TO 2 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 6 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

DP'ed to a well-known hole in the coast this AM...packed lot of diggers...razor clam season.
No one in the water though...a couple lookers, no takers...with good reason.
Recognized futility when I saw it and opted out...checked a spot I thought might work...jackpot!
Head high left reeling off an offshore rock...hollowing out on the inside bar...some makeable tubes, but not on the 9'6" I brought in error.
Solo...aside from abundant sealife...specifically, the agro local that barked at me and made intimidating leaps in my vicinity.
I picked off my fair share...the sideshore was raging and the paddle out required accurate timing to avoid a thumping.
Would have stayed out...but had to leave after a half dozen waves.
Tide's filling in...hoping for a 2nd go out...don't have high hopes though.

2 comments:

Rob?royal said...

wow, where do you get these shots? that's a great cutty...

Wave Farmer said...

Some scans...mostly just hunting around in surf cyberspace tho