Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Report


SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT.
WIND WAVES 2 FT.
W SWELL 6 FT.
DOMINANT PERIOD OF 12 SECONDS.

Out of town and out of the water due to a convergence of events. Missing what looks to be the cleanest swell since October. However, as commented upon by Pete, it's feeling sharky out there...I can feel it from here.

Guess I'll have to live vicariously through the surfing of others until next week.

Local (from the last few days) Reports:

[Sat, 12/2] Picture perfect morning, blue skies and A frames. Head high and drivin'.
~gaz

[Sat, 12/2] ...close to epic. No wind. Clean drop-ins into 3' overhead rights that went forever.
~snaps

[Sun, 12/3] ...left hand lockers with lips feathering above our heads and dry hair paddles back to the line up. Noone out. Flying down the line with the grey blue water, purple glow in the west, wind sculpted wavecrest, and a moon to light it all up. Best moments in surfing ever.
~ersatz

That said, on the sharky note, there were also these:

[Sun, 12/3] ...got blasted off my board by a sea lion (I hope). No shit...
~ding

[Also from der ding] ...2 sharks in the Cul-de-sac on this day, one big, one huge...

...as I was punching through a wave something tugged firmly on my booty. Don't know if it was a log, the seal or something else but I did get some "through the glass into foam" board damage too. After that I just spun around hopped a ride in...
~king

0 comments: