Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wave, Ho!


S WIND 15 TO 20 WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT.
WIND WAVES 5 FT.
W SWELL 12 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

See what happens when you don't have power for 48 hours?
I have on good authority that the surf is good...
Yet I am denied...
Doomed to run generators...
In a selfless effort to provide warmth...
And icy coldness to yon freezers...
Alas...

All is lost!
Yon foul Local hath betrayed me:
Mine crew doth yield to the foe, and yonder
Cast their caps up and carouse together
Like kooks long lost. Triple-turned wannabe! 'tis thou
Who hast turned me to novice, thus my heart
Wishes massive closeouts on thee. Bid them all ditch;
Top to bottom, I am revenged upon thee,
I have done all. Bid them ditch, cowardly.
O perilous sun, thy rise shall I see no more.
Stoke and Soul part here, even here
Do we paddle thus? All is come to this? Yon breaker
That ragdolls me heel to toe, to whom I gave
My youth, does discard me, and spin me down, down
On blossoming foamball; and rubber is peeled,
That overtopped them all. Betrayed am I.
Of this false water of stoke! This deep grave,
Whose fathoms beckon forth my body, and calls me home,
Whose trough was my comfort, my chief end,
Like a dream Betty by troth, fast and loose
Beguiled I to the very heartbreak of loss.
What? Rise, Break! Ah, thou dost crest! Beware!
Vanish, lest I give thee thy deserving depth
And blemish Neptune's triumph. Let him take thee
And hoist thee up to shouting groms;
Follow this line, down the greatest face
Of all thy seas. Near monster-like be shown
For poor'st diminitives, for bolts, and let
Patient sirens plough thy visage up
With her preparèd nails of spit.'Tis well th' art gone,
If it be well to live; but better 'twere
Thou fell'st into my depths of fury, for one death
Might have prevented many. Wave, ho!
The shirt of O’Neill is upon me; teach me,
Velzy, thou art mine ancestor, thy rage.
Let me lodge Grubby ‘pon the horns o' th' moon
And with these hands that grasped the heaviest gun
Subdue the worthiest swell. The kook hast died.
In the raging sea she hath sold me, and thus I sink
Under thy spell: and die for 't. Wave, ho!

2 comments:

Mick said...

Doc, you're a bloody gun.

Anonymous said...

"With her preparèd nails of spit"

What a vision!

That whole thing was better then drugs. J