Monday, February 19, 2007

Bupkiss


SW WIND 25 KT IN THE EVENING.
COMBINED SEAS 13 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 12 SECONDS.
BUILDING TO 18 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 11 SECONDS.


The holiday weekend started out so promising...

3 days off, staying at the beach...

Potential, potential, potential...

That little cough on Friday was irritating...

But nothing to keep me out of the water...

Saturday I headed down to check it out...

There were a few out...

But now I was feeling even worse...

So I settled for talking on the beach...

About past glorious surf exploits...

That only seem to grow in stature with time...

Tomorrow, I told myself and coughed...

Sunday was blown out crap...

I was almost relieved...

If it was good I would have gone...

And paid the price later for sure...

Monday was even worse...

And so was I, hacking and wheezing...

I still went to the beach...

And stood with my back to the rain...

As frothing, disorganized waves pounded...

And reeled drunkenly this way and that...

"Shit" I thought to myself...

"That one was almost rideable"...

Then I shivered from the fever...

And walked back to the house...

Bupkiss

0 comments: