Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ya Wa


SW WIND 10 TO 15 KT WITH A FEW GUSTS TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS.
In Chinook...Ya Wa means: "There it is". And there you have it...
Paddled out yesterday afternoon for a couple hours...I wish I could say the surf went to shit...but in all reality it was already in that state when I paddled out...
On the bright side...
I enjoyed the lack of crowds...
I pretended I was surfing the Great Lakes...
I watched rain drops pepper the water's surface...
Isurfed without a leash...
I caught many, many weird, warbly, multi-angular bumps all headed in a relatively similar shoreward direction...
I suppose I'd do it again.
Local Report:
Went out at a location where many do, no one should have been out but many were. Almost got seasick. Waves came in no pattern so basically you found a spot, waited and eventually a wave would run into you. It was horrible...~moe
Showed up and it was ankle high. However, the outer bouys read 9'. It was all coming together. We just had to wait for the tide to bring in the building swell. Killed some time over at Xxxxxx to see how a SW wind would affect everything. ... We came back to Xxx Xxxx and the swell was already head high and building slightly offshore with long lulls b/w sets. It was spectactular peeling unthreatening fun. ~pra
Got some of the windy bump under the pirate flag between the crosses today. Overhead and building rapidly it's looking like winter out there again. Watched boats play chicken with the bombie righthander.......CG already had the mayday call before 7a.m. no fatalities though. ~gaz

0 comments: