Friday, June 15, 2007

Spot #1

N WIND 10 TO 15 KT...RISING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT...BUILDING TO 4 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. W SWELL 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS.

Not that I haven't been getting waves lately...but the quality of late has been, well, summerish...small, gutless and the winds out of the north have started it seems.
As I pondered my last session:
Swung by Brohamton at full flood tide...
Some warbly, weak waves were coming in...
Headed north...
Slack flags on poles gave some hope...
Spot #1 was nothing doing, too much water still...
Opted for the wind protection...
Probably not the best choice...
But still caught lots of swells...
They were swells because alot of the time they never broke...
Paddled up and down looking for a sweet spot...
Never found one though...
Did find alot of sideshore trenches...
A turbulent, dark and fishy spot...
And a offshore green glowing area that provided the best wave of the day...
An outside peak that connected to the inside...
For my last wave of the day...
And a nap on a driftwood log in the sun...
All in all, not a bad afternoon of crappy waves.

I recalled a fun day this spring at the very Spot #1 that I passed on and realized I had some shots...
When I pulled up, the wave was empty...I snapped a couple pics, then paddled out and caught a few of these head-high gems before a few others showed up. The next day, I went again and caught it even better. A little smaller, but sunny and backlit, with a slight offshore and feathering, textured lefts that made you forget all the onshore, windy, disorganized, tiny, out of control, trenchy, mushy or otherwise weak Surf in Oregon days that came before.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on haven't you heard been really good or should been there... Not what I found to be the case. Small and pretty much gutless but still surfable. What made the sesh interesting was Slim letting me ride his hot new lady, whom I found to be sexy and loose. She sure was fast letting me get to 3rd base with a couple b-side slashes and left me questioning my own small wave mistress and wondering what it might be like to get to home plate with her. And yes Spot 1 had a good spring, unfortunately summer is on us mate.

Gaz said...

Thursday a.m. for a couple of hours some spot was head high and a bit more. 3 contenders were on it, then a few more.... some super long rides.

Summer is here expect some swell.........be prepared to jump.

unidentified said...

Crimany!8 characters to post?
Anyway thanks for the upgrade to illustration!!!!

Wave Farmer said...

The letter sequence I just had to enter to comment on my own blog was "fucksui"...

Seems appropriate...