Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lighthouse Brewfest

~Octopus art by doc (although in the interest of full disclosure...I only did the line art. The colorization was done by the graphics gurus at mcmenamins.com)

SE WIND 5 TO 10 KT...VEERING TO S IN THE AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT. SW SWELL 2 FT AT 7 SECONDS...RISING TO SW SWELL 3 FT AT 6 SECONDS.

So if you're surfing on the central coast of Oregon on August 18th...swing by the Lighthouse Brewpub in Lincoln City for their 12th Annual Brewfest...I'd surf first and sample ales second, but that's me...and if the surf's blown out and it's a sunny, clear day I'd recommend a hike to the top of Cascade Head...

8 comments:

twin said...

Is that pic from the chair?

Wave Farmer said...

From above Hart's Cove...

I think?

I was kinda lost...

Anonymous said...

This is the only place where you and I part thoughts...
I find micro beer to be stupid as anything...and the whoring of it to the masses...shameful.
Uber-trendy....4.00 for a beer?
WTF?
Mcdonalds...Mcminimbeer?
Separated at birth?
Not much more than a Starbucks you can get drunk at.


You are still cool though.
We are all whores in some way.

Wave Farmer said...

F&D
We can have this discussion some other place & time if you like...
Although, I hardly agree with your chracterization of McMenamins as a Starbucks and even less with McDonalds...McMenamins is a family-owned Portland, Oregon-based company...they don't mass-produce their product, it's only available within their locations...like I said, some other time & place...like over an ice-cold $3 Budweiser

Wave Farmer said...

No worries...
Yeah, I know ya...
I despise beer too...
That's why I have made it my personal mission to get rid of as much of it as I can on a regular and ongoing basis.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate pot the same way but at least it keeps me warm as I burn it... :)

Oh...my little girl can out surf your little girl.... :)

Wave Farmer said...

Yeah but my little girl could babysit your little girl...

Anonymous said...

Touche'!

Maybe a tandem team?