Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hit and Run


N WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 6 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

Had a hit and run session this afternoon...
Scrambled outta work at noon...
Pulled in in time to see Ding pulling out...
Went and borrowed a leash...
Because finally waves with some size...
Meant I'd be doing some swimming otherwise...
Paddled out to some pretty speedy waves...
Caught a few short ones and paid the price...
Of unavoidable sets on the head...
Finally lucked into a screaming left...
That left me so surprised I made the section...
I promptly fell off my board...
Got thumped a time or two...
For riding a 9' 6" single fin...
Where a 6' 10" would do...
But then the boys on chips...
Were taking their lumps too...
So...
I did all right...
But like I said...
Hit and Run...
Had to hit the road at 3...
To get back to the valley...
'Cause there was a 7 o'clock show...
Wilco...
We'll Alright.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Them some beans then, aint they?
Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Nice was at the show too. Ran into Chum there as well. It was a good one for sure.

pushingtide said...

Cool altered pic.

Seeing Wilco down here next week. Can't wait. Last time they rolled thru they tore it up.