Thursday, November 15, 2007

Big Boards


S WIND 20 TO 25 KT... BECOMING S 25 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS TO 40 KT THIS AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 12 FT...BUILDING TO 16 FT LATER THIS AFTERNOON. DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.
Yesterday, I made the mistake of packing the thruster rather than the 10'6"...
Kind of silly, really...I mean they both fit in the car?
My perfect timing resulted in hitting the water at a peak low 5 foot at 5 seconds...
Resulting in lots of hopping, wiggling, milking and failing...
Still caught a couple reasonably fun waves...just not many...
But, I think I will follow the example of these surf pioneers...
And keep the really, really big board at hand...just in case.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldent belive it got that small! WTF it was macking just a day or so before? But hey at least you got out. And I always roll with at least 2 boards and sometimes 3, which is my working quiver.

dub-