Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fruitless


SW WIND 25 TO 30 KT. COMBINED SEAS 10 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 13 SECONDS.

I had to work on the north coast this morning in Gearhart...
Checked a nearby spot to the south before my meeting...
It wasn't really working but looked to improve with the tide...
Checked back and it had improved, just not too much...
There were 3 out front, and 2 down south...
Warbling cylinders swallowed up one taker...
Then a massive clean up wave broke well outside...
Unridden hollow lefts swept through in it's wake...
Burying the surfers scratching for the outside...
Headed south to check a few other places...
But knew there'd likely be little on tap other than visuals...
Small clean righthand peelers inside a jetty setup...
A boat crossing a closed out sketchy bar...
An empty parking lot at Oregon's favorite cove...
Snow in the pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumor that the bros. were taking over the sand trap.
Know anything?
DTL

Anonymous said...

Never leave waves to look for waves or something like that.

Wave Farmer said...

The rumors are true...Jan 1

I left waves I wasn't gonna ride...

I left waves to go look at other waves I wasn't going to ride.