Thursday, January 03, 2008

Recap

SE WIND 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO 35 KT... BECOMING S 35 TO 40 KT WITH GUSTS TO 50 KT. COMBINED SEAS 15 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 14 SECONDS...BUILDING TO 21 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 14 SECONDS.

Sissyfish did his 2007 recap and I thought I would too...

January...Holddown's central coast macker which did not have a happy ending...per HD


February...the return of Niceness, although I can't check it from home since for whatever reason it continually crashes my modem...still the top surf blog in my opinion.
Late March...a group of 3 paddles out at big Agate with sad results...only 2 paddle in...another Oregon drowning.

In April, another near drowning...instead, a Oregon surfer paddles a kid, who had no business being in the water, around the Cape to the safety of McPhillips Beach.

In May, Famed Oregon surfer and Great White shark attack survivor, Kenny Doudt dies in Hawaii...


In June, Surfline and several sponsors thought it would be a great idea to takeover a break in Baja and deny access to any and all...except their chosen invitees.

In July, surfing tiny central coast surf with my daughter...

In August, the Cape K LB Contest capped several days of surf, sin...and some suffering.


In September, my 10' 6" Skip Frye Eagle arrives...and glide enters my life.
October...believe it or not, never fished for salmon before. On my first outing, snagged a pretty good one.

November...Fall offshores at Shorties...several fun days rewarded after a long drive from the windswept central coast.
December was...mostly memorable for the days I didn't surf...high winds, flooding and huge out of control swell...but I snuck in a few, including one last day near the end of 2007...and again on New Year's Day.

5 comments:

twin said...

Here's to a good start to the new year. Not in Oregon....but somewhere, I'm sure. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Cool man happy new year & sounds like everyone had a good year.

I think the commentors on Niceness make E's blog the best. Almost like a good tight knit OSP. You gottta post that Kew rewrite you did, F-ing hilar!

Miss Jeanette said...

YAY!! So far your greatest post of the year ;)

Hope all is well...no surf for me till spring but plenty of storm watching the last few weeks.

Happy new year....oh and...you are as adorable as ever.

Jeanette

Doughboy said...

Hey! Where the hell is the mention of the one event that was pivotal to all Oregon surfers in 2007?!? My trip to Oahu! Trust me, it's impact is sublime, yet far reaching!

Anonymous said...

Looks like E's blog is dead?