Friday, April 25, 2008

Landlord


VARIABLE WIND 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SE 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 4 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
Got in the water today...
I was in the water by myself for over an hour...
The waves were small and the sun was out...
And I never got "that" feeling...
You know the one...
I was too busy catching waves maybe...
And the water was clear, not murky...
Heading home, I heard on the radio...
Of a fatal shark attack in San Diego...
Fletcher's Cove in Solana Beach, to be exact...
I swam and surfed there alot as a kid...
Here's a link to the story.

2 comments:

Gazelle said...

Just saw the documentary "Sharkwater" - it would seem the Landlord is about to lose the property if humans keep doing what we've been doing. Great film. http://sharkwater.com/

Maybe soon we won't ever get "that" feeling but I'd rather keep the ocean food chain intact.

ridgeback said...

Your sharky-ness up there is on a whole other level than what we have down here in S. Cal. I guess once in a while we have our moments,though. I think Ill be getting "that" feeling more often now.