Tuesday, May 06, 2008

When There's Waves


NW WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 5 FT. W SWELL 7 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
Obviously the setting is incorrect...
But I'll tell you what...
When I get to the beach...
And there's waves...
I'm not one of those to check it for 20 minutes...
No Yoga poses waterside...
Maybe a stretch or two...
But even that gets missed if there's an empty peak.
Anyway, surf was pretty fun today...
Longish, better than expected session...
Some solid head haigh sets coming through...
I was beset by a gaggle of kayakers...
Actually I paddled out to where they were...
Because there was a peak there...
And they weren't properly utilizing it...
The kayakers hooted alot...
I didn't like that...
I don't like kayakers in the lineup...
Hooting kayakers are even worse.

4 comments:

23 Breaths said...

I believe that the northern hooting kayaker is an endangered species and is under federal protection

billybob said...

save a wave
dunk a goat boater

Anonymous said...

Great cartoon! Another day of excellent #'s but in reality, disappointing surf. The open beachies were jumbled by light winds, while there was not enough of it to hold those staple lefts from closing out. The rights had good drops, but were short lived. Maybe we missed the window? Was paddling out, when you got your last wave in. Sure a few fun ones, but things definitely went to crap as the tide created an outward rip and killed the shape. Add colder water, cold air, and overcast skies to that equation. Prob not worth the time and gas, but oh well. Guess I got spoiled by Sundays sunny clean well shaped session at the same local.

Dub-

Anonymous said...

I don't know about hooting kayakers but I sure like Hooters.