Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Steps

~photo by Brook @ Crowerks

SW WIND 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 6 FT. NW SWELL 12 FT AT 8 SECONDS.
This was the view heading down to the beach Monday...
And to a slightly more melted extent on Tuesday...
I've rocked out to Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"...
In Leucadia, I'd head down Stone Steps to surf...
I've pondered the impossible "Penrose Steps"...
In Laguna, I'd trek down 1000 Steps to bodysurf...
I've contemplated the meaning of "Jacob's Ladder"...
In San Francisco I've climbed the Coit Tower steps (no surf)...
I've stepped up the steps to my front door 1000's of times...
In Astoria, I ascended the Column (I could see the surf)...
But now I have descended the Snow Steps...
And I went surfing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet shot! Love surfing in the snow, but stuck in the valley this week. Damn!

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

So cool (not a pun!)

turtle said...

looks like CB @ IB W/ his GLLB
AHHH...peeler snow sesh...