Monday, January 19, 2009

Mind Surf


E WIND 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FOOT. W SWELL 7 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
The shot's from a non-surf day a couple weeks back...
Coulda gone but opted not to...
Sat on a bluff after checking a few options...
All pretty much unworkable...
For one reason or another...
The wave above was a pretty solid swell...
As I sat on the cliff looking down...
The ground shook as each wave hit land...
Don't recall the exact size & period...
But I think it was in the 12 to 15 foot range...
With a fairly short period...
That never, never let up...
A good day for mind surfing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much like my air guitar virtuousity, I'm almost as good a mind surfer. The dozens of times I could have riden "that" wave, "oh I could make that one". Only to be shaken out of my fantasy mind session by the freight train rumbling of 15 foot surf pounding the shore beneath my feet. I'm down with the mind surf session.