Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Old Log

SW WIND 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FOOT. SW SWELL 9 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

Heading back from a late surf...
Saw a old board for sale...
Pulled over for a look...
Old Hansen Log...
And it was old...
Yellowed, damaged, ugly...
Probably not watertight...
$650...
Yeah, no.
On the surf front...
Waves are an excellent remedy...
For the lingering effects of too much booze...
Pulled up to the Head...
And was not motivated...
But the waves looked pretty good...
And I figured I could feel bad sitting in my car...
Or feel bad out surfing...
Then miraculously after a few chest high reeling lefts...
I felt better...
Go figure.

1 comments:

Gaz said...

I have my eyes on a Hansen, it's safely stored in a hangar in Newport and it's in mint condition.

So far the owner only allows my eyes on it, no matter how many times I've begged him to let it float....