Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Milestone or Millstone?

N WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 5 FT AT 8 SECONDS.

Somewhere along the way...
Surf In Oregon crossed the 100,000 visitor mark...
That's a notable number...
Good thing or bad thing?
Does it even matter?
Last time I surfed...
There were 5 other surfers out...
I knew 2 of them...
2 of them were a 100 yards away...
And the other couldn't really surf...
Now that's October...
And maybe not the best barometer...
However, I still rarely have to deal with crowds...
And on the rare occassion I do...
It's usually small and weak and summer...
Add a sizable groundswell and the pack tends to thin out...
Lack of substantial population centers...
Lack of convenient, safe surfable spot...
Cold, fickle, and sharky conditions...
All point to a rosy uncrowded future for...
Surf In Oregon.




7 comments:

Foul Pete said...

And thats the way we like it. Cheers to SIO

Wet and Cold said...

I think i was the 100,000th. what kind of prize do i get?

praggo

Chunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chunk said...

I've surfed enough in three states to consider myself local: Oregon, South Florida, and New York. The worst crowds I've dealt with in Oregon are microscopic compared to the average crowd in FL or NY. Without warm water, crowds will never be a problem here. Call me a heretic, but I believe we should encourage more people to surf Oregon.

Gaz said...

Please tow the line and......

FTC Announcement
The FTC has announced that bloggers must disclose their relationship with advertisers and if they have received free products or have been paid in any way for their endorsements.

..... we look forward to your report.

Anonymous said...

No small accomplishment. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

uh... congrats?
"couldn't really surf..."