Monday, October 12, 2009

Punching Sheep

E TO SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WINDWAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 5 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

I got hassled on Sunday...
It was a 3 foot swell...
Waist high maybe...
Short rights & lefts...
The rights were better...
I chose the 10' 6"...
Because the 9' 8" was too short...
Not really but anyway...
I was sitting away from the small crowd...
And an outside peak showed...
I wanted the right...
Because the lefts were soft...
I took the right...
Despite the jockey effort...
Of a kid on a shortboard...
He was trying...
I'll give him that...
But I was on the wave...
And I went right...
Kicking out 30 yards inside...
He shook his fist at me...
Paddled back out...
"Problem?" I asked...
"You had the left!" he said...
"Didn't want the left" I replied...
He glared his best intimidating glare...
He tried to get into a few more...
But his 6 footish thruster...
Was having none of it...
I felt kind of bad...
Because instead of enjoying...
The sun and the small surf...
He was pissed and more pissed...
I was old enough to be his Dad...
And while I am unlikely to engage...
In jousting, verbal or physical...
I later told him he should be careful...
About fist shaking at strangers...
Some people like to punch sheep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, cow, er, sheep puncher. WTF.

Hope you got some good ones.

Gaz said...

She has one mean left hook!

Anonymous said...

GAY!!!!