Saturday, October 31, 2009

Surf Dreams


W WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 14 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
This wasn't in the dream...
Although it shoulda been...
I don't usually recall my dreams that clearly...
So this one's also unusual in that respect...
Anyhow, the deam went something like this:
I was surfing a break at popular Oregon beach...
The waves were not really part of the story...
I was alone, the waves were good...
When I was finished I hiked in, not out...
Hiking in brought me to a town...
Equal parts PC, Seaside and Neskowin...
It was seedy, but resorty and quaint...
I was staying in a beach cottage...
I stuck my board in the back of my car...
It was a longboard and it stuck out the back...
I ate dinner and went to bed...
When I got up in the morning to go surfing...
My board was gone, stolen out of the car...
Cars and tourists were pouring in to town...
Clearly some sort of event was happening...
But I didn't really care, I needed to find my board...
So I went off down the trail in search of it...
I made lots of side trips checking backyards...
But always got back on the trail...
There were lots of people on the trail...
All of them carrying chairs, blankets, etc...
I finally asked someone what was happening...
Apparently, Joe DiMaggio's brother, Dom...
Had put on an exhibition game in Peru...
And he was running after his hit...
From Peru to this little beach town...
This seemed to make perfect sense...
There were Peruvians in traditional garb there...
One of them had the ball and was gonna tag him out...
He claimed he had snagged DiMaggio's hit...
I told him there was no way that was the ball...
He admitted as much and gave up on his plan...
Pretty soon, cops started coming down the trail...
And DiMaggio came into sight afterwards...
There were too many people to keep going...
So I headed back in to town...
I went back to the house and told my wife what was happening...
She seemed unimpressed...
I went back down to the water...
Where people were crowded around DiMaggio...
And the Mayor waved me over...
He introduced me to Dom...
Who told me he was staying at a house...
On the bluff above the beach...
But that there was a guy playing a drum...
And that it was really irritating...
And could I do something about it...
I told him I'd take care of it...
I never found my board...
Nightmare.

3 comments:

twin said...

awesome!

word ver = eurfin

turtle said...

I'm no doc, but I've heard that every character in your dream represents some aspect of yourself. Just something to think about, you are, yourself, Dom, the Peruvian w/ the ball, the mayor, your wife(?). It's interesting to put yourself in each of there shoes and try their emotions on for size in regards to how it relates to the scenario. Just something to ponder in blogland. Hope you find your board...

Wave Farmer said...

I felt like me in the dream.