Monday, December 28, 2009

Go Where?



SE WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 10 FT AT 14 SECONDS.

I don't mind surfing in the rain...
Although I do like surfing in the sun better...
But I'm already wet...
So who fucking cares really...
But it looks like a stretch...
Of sopping, sodden soak...
Is coming upon us...
Big and wet and macking...
The next week or so...
Just in time for my yearly coastal...
I foresee long drives in driving rain...
Rewarded with cold surfs...
In driving rain and onshore winds...
And I'm a full on optimist...
When it comes to Surf in Oregon...
There will be windows of light...
I plan to sit in front of them...
For sure.

7 comments:

J said...

can think of spots within the wershington and oregone region holding quality waves of that forecast magnitude....mmmm...ahhhh

Slim said...

stay out of malibu, Lebowski!!

patrick said...

Love your optimism, Doc.

I left mine on the islands...not sure when it's gonna make it back.

... said...

..agree.
I prefer the rain.

Challenge is good.
Forced optimism becomes habit after 21 days of repetition.

It's raining.
Love it.

Anonymous said...

Drove all the way up from LA- hoping for surf-like Christmas day...
Should know better than to plan a surf trip to Ore-gone in the winter..

Anonymous said...

Annon,shoulda brought your ski.

http://10.4.1.32:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=3929111617

These out of towners scored. Oh those NorCal guys in their Oregon playground. They know how to roll.

Dub-

Anonymous said...

Woops bad link, here ya go.

http://www.surfline.com/video/featured-clips/west-coast-slab-erupts_39797