Monday, December 28, 2009

Go Where?



SE WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 10 FT AT 14 SECONDS.

I don't mind surfing in the rain...
Although I do like surfing in the sun better...
But I'm already wet...
So who fucking cares really...
But it looks like a stretch...
Of sopping, sodden soak...
Is coming upon us...
Big and wet and macking...
The next week or so...
Just in time for my yearly coastal...
I foresee long drives in driving rain...
Rewarded with cold surfs...
In driving rain and onshore winds...
And I'm a full on optimist...
When it comes to Surf in Oregon...
There will be windows of light...
I plan to sit in front of them...
For sure.

7 comments:

Johnny said...

can think of spots within the wershington and oregone region holding quality waves of that forecast magnitude....mmmm...ahhhh

Slim said...

stay out of malibu, Lebowski!!

patrick said...

Love your optimism, Doc.

I left mine on the islands...not sure when it's gonna make it back.

... said...

..agree.
I prefer the rain.

Challenge is good.
Forced optimism becomes habit after 21 days of repetition.

It's raining.
Love it.

Anonymous said...

Drove all the way up from LA- hoping for surf-like Christmas day...
Should know better than to plan a surf trip to Ore-gone in the winter..

Anonymous said...

Annon,shoulda brought your ski.

http://10.4.1.32:15871/cgi-bin/blockpage.cgi?ws-session=3929111617

These out of towners scored. Oh those NorCal guys in their Oregon playground. They know how to roll.

Dub-

Anonymous said...

Woops bad link, here ya go.

http://www.surfline.com/video/featured-clips/west-coast-slab-erupts_39797