Monday, January 10, 2011

Search



E WIND 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 5 FT AT 14 SECONDS.

The forecast is from today, Monday...
The pics from Saturday & Sunday...
I think the swell was running 13 foot...
Then dropped to 9 foot...
But it was a solid 9 foot...
I didn't even make a drive Saturday...
Opted for a hike...
To the vantage point in pic 2...
Sunday slipped and slid in the hail...
On up north in a state of low expectation...
Saw one taker get one wave...
Then take several on the head...
Before scrambling up on the rocks...
Headed back for coffee and couch...
Hiked out later for a look at the same cove...
This time from the north end...
It's surfable...
Not that I'd advise it.

2 comments:

turtle said...

oh how i miss heavy surf to keep me searching, keep honest, humble and on my toes. yesterdays diminishing forecast sounded promising though.

e. said...

Good stuff!