Friday, April 15, 2011

Dollar Car

SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

My neighbor called me the other day...
"Doc...I have an offer for you" (he didn't actually call me Doc)...
"I want to sell you my Volkswagon Beetle" he said...
"Uhhhhm. OK...How much?" I asked...
"One dollar" he offered...
"A dollar? Ummm...OK?" I accepted...
I now own a 74 Super Beetle...
It runs pretty well...
Doesn't always start...
Lights don't work...
Seats are blown out...
One more project I don't have time for...
Stoked.
Beetle name: Bodi...
Short for Bodivar...
Oh yeah, found 75 cents cleaning it out...
Made my daughter take him the change...
"These are honest people" was his response.

4 comments:

Gaz said...

You're a champ!

turtle said...

dollar car plus 75 cents of karma?
you're on a roll.

and no one would believe you got it for a quarter.

Unknown said...

If you ever sell it I'll give you twice what you paid for it.

Sean said...

I will give you 100 times what you paid for it!!!

-Fishisto