Monday, May 23, 2011

New Toy

~not my Joe Bark Paddleboard...just a reasonable facsimile thereof!

NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 14 SECONDS.

A 17 foot Joe Bark Unlimited Paddleboard...
Carbon Fiber...
Foot controlled rudder...
Hollow...
Fast...
Spent most of my last paddle...
Trying to knee paddle...
And falling off alot...
Not to mention...
My bleeding feet...
From the abrasive action...
Of switching from prone to knees...
And vice versa...
Oh, and ripped big toenail...
Ah well, lesson learned...
And knee paddling accomplished...
For a few satisfying moments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That a Stand Up? Dont shred you feet. Shred Ross Island!

Anonymous said...

KNOw ThanKs, i wOuldN't pUt mY miTTs in thAt wAtEr. MaAKE MinE StanSup.
pLeASE.

j said...

Whoa, that thing looks fast. How wide is it?

David J. Hirsh said...

Been a long time since I read through my fave surf blogs. Glad to check and see you gotta classic paddleboard. Mines an 18' Bark Epoxy. These days I do more paddling than surfing. Get used to know-nothings saying "that's not a paddleboard...where's your oar?"

the old tres_arboles

doc said...

Narrow...
I fall off alot...
TA this is a 18" too...
Hoping to get some paddling in soon...
Now that the rain "seems" too have stopped...
Looking for a downwind opp this summer on the coast.

Anonymous said...

u ride waves with that thing

Doc said...

Sorta...
Not breaking waves tho

karmic voyager said...

joe bark! your aren't effing around, are you doc? i've had one of his paddle boards hanging in my dream garage for about 3 years. if only i could haul it out into my real, waking life...
someday, someday.
enjoy the glide! i am jealous.