Friday, March 10, 2006

Toothy


W WIND 15 TO 20 KT...EASING TO 10 TO 15 KT.
WIND WAVES 3 FT... SUBSIDING TO 1 FOOT IN THE AFTERNOON.
NW SWELL 23 FT AT 15 SECONDS...SUBSIDING TO 19 FT AT 14 SECONDS.
CHANGING TO W WIND 5 TO 10 KT...BACKING TO SE AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 FOOT.
NW SWELL 19 FT AT 14 SECONDS...SUBSIDING TO 17 FT AT 14 SECONDS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

If you surf in Oregon, you've surfed around offshore monoliths like this famous one. They're all over the Oregon coast. I don't know why, but everytime I have surfed near a rock like this I get definite "sharky" vibes...I don't have the same feeling surfing off headlands, rivermouths or jetty complexes.

Local Report:

...an empty lineup. Six to Eight foot set waves breaking over the shallow reef.
~jacob

...got me some shoulder to head perfection all alone.
~sooloo

0 comments: