Monday, July 31, 2006

Connect


N WIND 10 KT...RISING TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 2 FT.
NW SWELL 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS.
TONIGHT NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT.
WIND WAVES 2 FT.
NW SWELL 4 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

A report from stiffler:

When I skipped out on lunch to go surf, I didnt expect much.
Otter was about the best of the worst, so down to the sea I went.
There were five hundred people down there, a veritable flotilla of soft tops.
People dragging the boards on the sand, waxing the bottom, spongers, bathers, kids, polar bear clubbers, everybody.
I paddled out on the board I made, and who do I paddle out right next to but the guy who took me out surfing for the first time ever five years ago.
We seldom cross paths, and were glad to see each other.
He was clearly impressed with my board, and I was happy to swap with him and see what he could make it do.
He got in a little barrell right off the bat, and got a couple other solid rides. Meanwhile, I got to ride the very same board I stood up on the first time ever at the very same spot.
He seemed to like the board a lot, and it really felt good.
Talk about things going full circle.
We didnt talk much, just caught a few rides, agreed to meet up again, and had to head back in to go to work.
I dont know about the waves, but it was a good day.

0 comments: