The Rider by Naomi Shihab Nye
-
"A boy told me
if he roller-skated fast enough
his loneliness couldn't catch up to him,
the best reason I ever heard
for trying to be a champion.
What ...
6 hours ago

3 comments:
Great thing is no one is out in those 1st few pics. Love that zone when its sm - med sized and offshore. Funny how just to the north it can often be zoo'ed. The old sheep theory I guess.
Now you mentioned one or so back you worked 10:30 - 12:00? WTF! On top of that on the coast. Work? Those aren't even bankers hours. How do I apply?
An misunderstanding...
I worked 10:30 to 12, yes...
But also drove 2 hours...
Which equals 3 1/2 hours...
Plus 2 hours back...
Which equals 5 1/2 hours...
Of course I surfed before I drove back...
But then I worked from 6 to 10...
So I put in a 8 1/2 hour day...
But then I'm salaried...
So it was all work in the end.
Doc
Smaller on Tuesday but same deal. Miles and miles of empty high tide glassy peaks. Like a sheep I went surfing with everyone else...
Post a Comment