Monday, February 05, 2007

Flotsam


E WIND 5 TO 15 KT.
WIND WAVES 1 FT.
W SWELL 6 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
By most standards our water and beaches are pretty clean...
But when I sat down on a giant driftwood log last Friday...
I was struck by the amount of trash in the mix...
I picked up a bagfull...
But the bigger pieces were locked in...
Since we tend to use our waterways as a dumping ground...
Whether they are lakes, river or seas...
I suppose this will always be a common sight...
Sadly, I have to liken it to...
Shitting where you eat...I wish we were smarter.
The poster above is tacked up on the wall of a local surfshop...
The work of Surfrider I presume...
I don't know who did the design...
If you do...
Let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love super Bowl sunday!

Sure has been a nice run. Even the valley boys have been consistently getting some.

Miss Jeanette said...

This is something that always sets me back. There's a place I frequent where the strait meets the pacific and the mountains meet the sea. 15 or so acres of un-uniformed, no rules, anything goes garbage dump on a steep cliff over the ocean. Barrels of man made bio chemicals and piles and piles of comsumerism.

Wading through garbage to surf is an oxy moron.