Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Longboater


W WIND 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 12 FT AT 16 SECONDS.
Occasionally frictions can crop up between shortboarders and longboarders...
A sampling of Shortboarder gripes:
  • Grumpiness about LB'ers sitting outside...
  • LB'ers picking off waves beyond an apparent fair share...
  • LB'ers not utilizing the wave to SB'er standards...
A sampling of Longboarder gripes:
  • SB'ers trying to surf mushy small surf on potato chip surfboards...
  • Butt wiggling and hopping to stay in waves...
  • Grumpiness about SB'ers sitting on the inside...

The guy stylin' in the boat is clearly above it all...even if he is going straight off...

Local Report:

First day out after a long hiatus.

1. I could still paddle

2. I could make it outside

3. I could catch a set wave

4. I could not gracefully get to my feet

5. I could not wait to make a bottom turn 6.

I could not make a bottom turn

7. I still treated myself to an apres surf beer.

Nice day out there.

~rj

2 comments:

Sean said...

is that an Oregon Photo?

Nash said...

I can't stand long-boaters. They sit way outside and take all the set waves!