Sunday, April 29, 2007

Murder One, Bra


N WIND 15 TO 20 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT THIS AFTERNOON S OF CAPE FALCON. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 10 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
When I was a kid I always watched Hawaii Five-O. Even though the plot lines were often somewhat asinine and McGarrett's hair was really weird, the whole show was so different from the regular TV fare. There were a few things that always kept me coming back...lots of drug busts, aloha shirts, 70's beach girls, McGarrett going undercover, the inevitable "Book Him, Dano" (Russ Tamblyn), the improbable Yun Fat as Chin Ho...and that spinning wave. I still can picture that spinning wave.

3 comments:

Gazelle said...

I loved that show. The intro alone was worth watching over and over again. And I always felt bad that McGarrett never seemed to get to enjoy Hawaii. Even when he had a date or was off work he got a call...

Gaz said...

The wave was Sunset reversed, not Ala Moana as I always thought it was....but I remain mesmerised by it none the less.

Mick said...

It's funny about how people keep trying to identify it. One of the mags did a thing ages ago and said it was Rockpiles.
The mystery continues.
It was a great wave though.