Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Offshores


NE WIND 10 TO 15 KT...EASING TO 5 TO 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT AT 15 SECONDS.
Looks beautiful this morning...hope it holds through tomorrow...but the wind's supposed to swing to a south...we'll see.
On another note...the Pacific Northwest had it's own mini version of "The Convergence"...a Quadrophenia...a Fish Fry...or a Gathering...or per FP's moniker, an "Anything But 3"...I missed out, but it looks like it was certain fun and a real breath of fresh stoke for those attending...J from Surf Strait has a little write up and Foulweather is sure to cover soon...check it out.
An especial nod to K from Ewaliko who provided several boards for the event and likely contributed enormously to making it a very memorable time for those lucky enough to be there...

5 comments:

Foul Pete said...

We'll plan another one for sure. The surfboard turnout was better than the surfer turnout... ha ha...

Anonymous said...

Worked late last night
Went home loaded gear into truck (wish I had a fucking garage because I'd just leave my gear in my truck this time of year)
Grabbed a veggie fajita burro (the all time best) at La Bonita and hit the road
Pulled into *****'s house around 10
Puffed and talked about potential options for the dawny
Crashed and woke at 6
Coffee, offshoes, 5 @ 14 just need to find sand bar (where knowing a local comes in)
Went to secret spot you probably know about (Doc) but most don't see or think about
Check from a far revealed the goods
Neoprene
6-6 Crump round tail thruster
Paddle
Wedgey lined up low tide rights at about HH some going over
Just the 2 of us and maybe a few sea creatures lurking?
Barrels, multiple turns, snaps, fun, very fun, very VERY FUN!
Best session outside of usual winter spot I've had and a while
In the office by noon, salted and stoked
Windows shutting, jump while you can!

Miss Jeanette said...

Ha! Guess dubz just uses your comment section for his surf report now instead of OSP!!

Unknown said...

What up Dub? no epoxy quad to keep the "anything but 3" fires stoking?
I hope it holds for Wed.

Anonymous said...

Well, Doc did ask and enjoy this site a whole hell of a lot more than the OSP for killing the 9-5 downtime. I'm not trying to steal his thunder nor do I want post surf reports on my blog as his seems to be a better venue for that and there are an abundance of surf report centric blogs out there. I do and will post writings describing exceptional sessions in The Green Room though.

Indytrucker, not sure I know exactly who you are spun off from? Actually went snowboarding that day. I was planning on hitting Pete's deal. Also, was looking for someone to ride with as it's a longer drive than usual and I never found anyone interested. I really wanted to ride some of those boards!