Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sneaking Through

~photo by Stiffler (I think?)

S WIND 20 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER NOON. WIND WAVES 5 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 FT AFTER NOON. SW SWELL 10 FT AT 9 SECONDS...SUBSIDING TO 8 FT AT 7 SECONDS.
I can't say for sure...but I don't think that this wave is a common occurrence in this cove given the configuration...the narrow entrance where the wave must enter likely requires a specific swell angle and solid push to sneak in there...which is probably why I saved the pic on my harddrive as "4@15"...it's fun finding weird little waves in unexpected places.

3 comments:

Mick said...

I love the shot. It's what makes Oregon seem so inviting to me.. the logs, the stacks, and that is a really cute wave. Thanks Doc.

Anonymous said...

"cute wave"....lol...
Hey Doc, caught your comment at niceness on the Oregon trip...
I can name every spot he took pics of, am I a local yet or what?
Waves today, waves yesterday and waves tomorrow...have fun!

Mick said...

I'm wounded...what's the matter with cute?