Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If 6 was 9

N WIND 15 TO 20 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT AT 9 SECONDS.


If the sun refused to shine
I don't mind, I don't mind
If the mountains fell in the sea
Let it be, it ain't me
Got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you
Now if six turned out to be nine
Oh I don't mind, I don't mind
If all the hippies cut off all their hair
Oh I don't care, oh I don't care
Dig...cause I've got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you
White collar conservative flashin' down the street
Pointin' their plastic finger at me, ha !
They're hopin' soon my kind will drop and die
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high
Oww! Wave on, wave on...
Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go ahead on mister business man
You can't dress like me
Yeah! Don't nobody know what I'm talkin' about
I've got my own life to live
I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to
Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummer.
Less than a month after Hendrix played a free concert on the slopes of Mt. Haleakela, effectively wrapping principal photography for Rainbow Bridge, the flamboyant rock virtuoso accidentally self-immortalized on a deadly cocktail of red wine and barbiturates, choking on his own vomit in a London flat on September 18, 1970. Within days of Hendrix's death, Mike Hynson, former '60s teen surf prodigy turned indie film producer, got the call from Warner Brothers Studios demanding immediate return of all original footage of Hendrix shot to date. With the lawyers circling, Hynson knew he had to move fast or lose Rainbow Bridge forever. Warner had not only funded the film - a rambling cinematic "happening" loosely based around a spiritual surfing quest - but they also controlled most of Hendrix's music slated for the film's soundtrack. Hynson returned the canned footage. However, unbeknownst to the Warner suits, Hynson and director Chuck Wein had stashed a working print of Rainbow Bridge for safety. ...~from SurferMag

0 comments: