Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Anybody Check...

NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

This spot?
I did...
After a 3 hour tour of the Central North coast...
It wasn't this good, but it was better than the 7 other spots I checked today...

Almost missed it too...
Pulled up to the pay station with the intent of passing on paying...
But it was manned...
I turned around to head to one last chance spot...
But as I came around a curve and looked down...
A wave rifled left below and was actually glassy...
Something I hadn't seen anywhere else today...
So I ponyed up the 3 bucks and took a look...

It was head high and smaller but there were some definite detonations...
That would get your attention if they caught you inside...
Picked off a few short, lumpy lefts before another guy paddled out...
There were a few that lined up on the inside but they were rare...
Mostly drops that mushed or closed out...

All in all, I was pretty pleased to even get any waves...
I thought I was gonna get shut out...
For the first time in a long time...
Instead, a couple hours in reasonably fun waves...
I'll take it.

5 comments:

Slim said...

What a frustrating beach. It has its days, but you gotta really want it.

Nash said...

I have really tried to score at that spot and have never gotten a classic. I hear storie (mostly they are in Russian from the beach combers) of a rt hander that works way outside on mysto swells.

Anonymous said...

Couldnt find it on a map...sounds like one of our local shit beachies anyway...walled up 359 days outta the year, yuck!

stiv said...

that place I've found gives you punch on real small swells but shuts down first when the big stuff rolls in. The old guys swear by it...and I've gotten it pretty good, pretty often. Usually lots of sections but its fast enough to make them.

Kim said...

Dang that's pretty!