Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Resignation


SW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. NW SWELL 12 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
I'm generally pretty optimistic about getting out and surfing...
I don't place a ton of faith in buoys, coast cams and forecasts...
But today, at 6am, I didn't even put my board in the car...
And when I pulled up to the sand I saw the tossed ruination...
I made the right call, but still watched marginal waves go unridden...
In the end, even the good waves were flawed, messy and erratic...
So I felt alright about not having committed fully to crappy surf...
That, and I still couldn't bend my left leg.

4 comments:

twin said...

It's all a crapshoot...

Wave Farmer said...

And an opportunity to shoot the crap.

Anonymous said...

Or a crap shoe, when your dog craps on your shoe.

Not much hope in sight. Looks like were locked in. Pleanty of good swill right now though, it's hp harvest!

Anonymous said...

correction "hop harvest" Dooh!