Thursday, November 01, 2007

Veni, Vedi, Drinki


N WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 11 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
I came...
I saw...
I went drinking.
There were waves in the morning but in my post-flu state I could not man up to surf them.
I went to work and then checked a couple spots on the central coast that were mostly blown out and pretty big.
Get Eaten was outta control although a couple guys from Cali were checking it in their boardshorts and marveling at the outside sets.
The Kiddie Pool had two paddlers in it, who stood up in waist deep water everytime a wave came in.
A solitary SUP'er paddled around the corner to hidden break...mystery, intrigue & danger!
Headed back north hoping things might have settled down, but no such luck and my kitten-like strength had me opt for beer on the beach.
Watched a certain Kiwi sitting way out of position for a fairly long while, then I left.
Came back an hour later, said Kiwi still sitting in the same spot, still no waves.
Getting his meditation on? Some sorta southern hemisphere voodoo? Tired?
We may never know, maybe he's still out there.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thee best surf check post ever