Monday, January 14, 2008

Last Night's


NW WIND 20 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO 35 KT...EASING TO 20 TO 25 KTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. COMBINED SEAS 12 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.
Last night's cam gave me high hopes for this morning...
All dashed on the rocks of work, wind and rain...
Got to the coast to find fairly decent surf...
But had to go to some meetings...
I hoped the wind would hold off, but had my doubts...
As I went through the morning I watched the rain...
Blowing sideways to the north...
A few minutes later, sideways to the south...
By afternoon, there seemed to be relative calm...
But pulling up to the beach, I was greeted...
By more sideways wind, a drenching rain...
And blown out, onshore surf...
Oh well, maybe Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That waves's much bigger than 12 feet.

Anonymous said...

Is your uncle in every surf movie that's been made in the last ten years? He's in all i have seen. Cool... makes me want to ride an 11 footer even more.

Wave Farmer said...

pretty much it seems...
he's also been on most of the waves that have rolled through.