Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beg, Borrow & Steal

NW WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 4 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

Doesn't seem to happen as much as when I was a kid...
But, I can remember all the requests...
Likely had alot to do with...
Being the last house on the way to the beach...
"Dude! Can I borrow your board?"
"Dude! Can I use your wax."
"Dude! Do you have any weed?"
"Dude! Can I have this beer?"
Sometimes it was "bro", or "guy"...
Followed by the inevitable request...
Then there was the occassional problem...
With the guy you'd lend these things to...
Who once they knew the location of said items...
Would occassionally help themselves...
Moving from the beg and borrow phase...
Into the stealing and thief phase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm spending my life trying to covince myself people don't suck. Not doing too good a job actually. Kind of failing on a personal level as well. If you think I owe you anything, send me a bill.

Wave Farmer said...

I can lend you some wax...a board...some beer?

No charge.