Thursday, February 05, 2009

Bad to Worse


SE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 7 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

Sometimes you just have to put your head in the noose...
I looked here, I looked there, then there, and there...
I sat and watched, and it looked really bad...
I watched some more, it still looked bad...
Well, maybe that wave wasn't as bad as the last one...
I must be getting better, but it looks pretty bad...
How can I be totally sure that it's as bad as it looks?
By paddling out of course, which I did...
It was pretty bad, but I caught a few fun ones.

5 comments:

twin said...

pretty bad....is still better than being desk-bound

damn!...word ver = exsesse

ras said...

when in doubt paddle out. f*@$ it's way below freezing here, the water is down to 32 F. and the blue birds skies are a clear sign of flatness.

Tony Lewis said...

32?
Dude! MOVE!
Crazy...
been killer here, great winter so far.


Poor nm, deskbound and all...
Hey Chicka, its was 65 on the beach yesterday and dead glass all day long...
Tell the cute boy I said hi...

Anonymous said...

Was a nice run, but winters back.

tHe UrbaN GarDener said...

Going off on a tangent... Just found an article on the seattle pi about a cartographer named Ned Reed who lives in Coos Bay. He done "normal" maps but has moved onto shipwrecks. Anyways, I've enjoyed the historical info on your blog and thought you might enjoy doing some research on this guy. e.g. from the times article

"W. Wetmore, a 3,000-ton whaleback ship that beached on the North Spit on Sept. 9, 1892? It ran aground in fog en route to San Francisco with a load of coal. Vessel type: SS, or steamship. Vessel loss: T, for total. Lives lost: 0. Length: 265 feet."