Friday, June 18, 2010

Oil Wave

                                          ~photo poached from Surfrider

NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 6 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

I grouse about onshore winds...
Cold water, wind, fickle swell...
Waves are too big, or too small...
I complain about mild crowding...
Or kooks that get in my way...
Getting backpaddled or snaked...
I moan about long drives looking for waves...
Hem and haw about paddling out in marginal conditions...
Worry about waht's under my feet I can't see...
I rarely worry about the clean water...
Now we all need to...
We've seen the pic of dead pelicans...
Heard the excuses from BP execs...
Here's a peak in Alabama...
Would you surf it?

2 comments:

Johnny Fever said...

I grew up and learned to surf in that area. Now those blinding white sand dunes and crystal blue waves are gone.

Anonymous said...

The picture originally comes from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/picture/2010/jun/14/bp-oil-spill-oil-spills