Friday, October 29, 2010

Cam Pain



SE WIND 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FOOT. W SWELL 7 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

On Wednesday wrapped up some work in Seattle...
Headed to the Strait in hope of catching a fading swell...
The further west I got the more my hopes faded...
Hit the coast at Ruby and counted my way down...
Beach 4, Beach 3, Beach 2 and Beach 1...
All beautifully deserted but no trigger for a solo session...
The center shot prompted me to head south...
Found some surfable waves but...
Between the choice of dumping shorebreak...
Or waves fighting their way to shore in a too stiff offshore...
I chose some recon and dinner...
In the meantime, spots closer to home seemed to be working...
Despite their apparent emptiness.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was an amazing day. sorry you missed out.

Doc said...

We all miss more waves than we get I guess

Gaz said...

If Lc had a bar that good there would be a pack of frothers on it, the same frothers who end up surfing south and north of there on a daily basis. Cams can lie, a beautiful lie but as untrue as the bitter truth(that makes sense doesn't it?).

Anonymous said...

Yea I agree. The roads end cam always looks a lot better than it actually is.

Hunter said...

Am I crazy or is that top picture witches rock? Cool blog, I really like your photos. I also have a surf blog: www.shralpcity.blogspot.com Feel free to comment or give me any suggestions. Thanks.