Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Swag

S WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 4 FT AT 10 SECONDS.

So I still haven't determined a winner for the interactive cartoon...
I will ponder long and hard in the coming days...
Here's the prize though...
Not super exiting, sorry...
And no, it's not the surfboard...
It's the rack holding the board...
Yes, it will be repackaged...
But, undamaged...
It's a modular system from Nice Rack...
So you can add to it if you like...
Overall, the rack is pretty simple and easy to intall...
Designwise, pretty clean and tidy...
It is plastic and it isn't the sturdiest sytem...
The only boards I would want on the wall...
Are classic longboards...
Likely long and heavy...
And this system isn't designed for that...
Nice Rack makes racks for heavier boards...
But this is a lightweight system...
As I said, very easy to install...
I had it on the wall and loaded...
In about 10 minutes...
So if you want it...
Post up your most inspired dialogue ever...
For the previously posted cartoon...
And if you are "anonymous"...
There are alot of you out there...
Let me know which Anon you are...
The sooner the better...
That plastic rack is out in the sun...
Degrading as we speak.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Interesting "poem". You forgot to mention that the rack is made out of RECYCLED plastic. You know the stuff you use and throw in landfills. Well, this time rather than ending up as trash its going to good use!! Too bad most of the surfboards this green friendly rack supports are made from toxic chemicals like those really heavy longboards you love so much. Wish more surfers were in tune with eco-friendly surf materials and promoted their good use more often. Tragically ironic.

doc said...

The things I forgot to mention:
...it is made out of RECYCLED plastic
...it is black
...I like really heavy longboards
...I contribute to landfills
...I need to be more eco-friendly
...I like irony
...a bunch of other stuff

Doc

Gaz said...

Well......if it's black.

Anonymous said...

Eco-friendly surf materials? No such thing. Body surf naked or stfu.

This green washing crap is the real tragic irony.

doc said...

I have body surfed naked...
Not in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

I am (web) surfing naked right now!