Friday, April 12, 2013

Drowned

 
 
S WIND 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 3 FT. W SWELL 6 FT AT 10 SECONDS.


I dreamt I jumped from a high bridge over a river.
No lead up as to the how or why I was on the bridge.
A bright night, whether moon or streetlight, I don't know.
Not a suicide, but I don't know why I jumped.
Confident in my ability to reach the surface.
Straightened my body and knifed deeply into the water.
Plunging deeper than expected, too deep I worried.
As my momentum slowed, I looked to the surface.
I kicked and stroked upward without effect.
A swift current pulling me deeper and downriver.
As I drifted further and further from the light.
I began to panic as I realized the situation.
And awoke to my drowning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like to much time in PDX & not enough in the sea