Saturday, February 24, 2007

Compound


S WIND 30 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS TO 45 KT.
EASING TO 25 TO30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
COMBINED SEAS 13 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.
~
As you head north over Cape Lookout and drop into the Netarts Bay estuary you come upon a very incongruous house built on a sliver of land between the coastal road and the bay. The house itself is a bit over the top in comparison to the older homes that are in the area, but that's to be expected I suppose.
~
But the clincher is the complete fencing in of the property to presumably keep out interlopers.
~
Actually, the real clincher is the razor wire that tops the cyclone fence to establish an impregnable compound...I wonder if they have a bomb shelter?

6 comments:

Gazelle said...

I bet that house is empty a lot of the time. It's sad on a lot of levels...

Slim said...

Don't forget about the mini guard station at the gate!!

Anonymous said...

the gate that locks me out... can lock you in.

Chum said...

I need to know the story behind this place. I've been speculating for years (and always honk when I drive by):

1. Ex-mafia stoolie just out of witness protection program.

2. Rare sushi dealer who has to protect his fish.

3. Paranoid android.

Unknown said...

I know there must be loaded weapons strategically located all over the compound and people willing to use them.

stiv said...

I love that place. I still don't understand why its like that. There was a thread about it a long time ago on the OSP. Any info?

Growing Wasabi maybe?