Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Filth

W WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING S 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT...BUILDING TO 6 FT. W SWELL 9 FT AT 11 SECONDS...BECOMING NW AT 9 SECONDS.

I don't know what's causing it...
But the North Coast has a brown filth...
In many line ups...
It's pretty nasty looking...
Seen a few folks surfing in it...
Which makes me wonder...
Maybe it's harmless...
But I'd rather know for sure...
The waves haven't much to miss...
But crappy & filthy is even worse.

3 comments:

Gaz said...

I hear about infected cuts from up north, I hope it's not related to that filth.

Foul Pete said...

Apparently its not harmless, like Gaz said, a few people have been badly infected by bacteria (to the point of hospitalization) after surfing the cove recently. Hopefully Surfrider are looking into it.

Anonymous said...

It's dead diatoms. It's an important link in the foodchain in the intertidal zones. Harmless to humans.