Monday, March 17, 2008

New Wetsuit


SW WIND 10 TO 15 KT...RISING TO 20 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT...BUILDING TO 5 FT. W SWELL 10 FT AT 13 SECONDS...BUILDING TO 12 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
No, I don't have a new one...
But I have come to the conclusion...
That I could use a new one...
My current Hotline 654...
Has served me well...
Going on 5 years now...
But it's faded & seams are popping...
So maybe it's time...
I've tried on a zipperless...
But getting outta that thing...
Required Houdini-esque contortion skills...
And felt way too claustrophobic...
The new wool Patagonias seem cool...
But the price tag is a bit ridiculous...
The new super flexy neoprene...
Seems like a good idea...
But I like the tried & true...
If I can find another 654...
Similar to my current suit...
I'll probably stick with it...
And while the fancy colors...
Seem to be coming back...
I think I'll go with...
Black wetsuit...
White board.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the super flexy = not durable. Patagonia seems worth every penny for where you surf. 5 years? Dude, WTF?

J said...

check out the Promotion 6/4 crow surf suit.

Chum said...

Patagonia needs to put a hood on their cold water wetsuit before I drop that kind of dough. I have the gloves though and I love 'em.

Anonymous said...

654 Hotline sounds like a straight jacket to me Doc? 543 for me. I like Xcell, Hotlines are bomber thou. Had one for like 4 years once.

Agree with Chum on the Pataguchi's. No hood = no good for us. Sure they sell squid lids and hood rasheys, but just another thing to leave on the beach or forget.

Dub-

J said...

there is a considerable difference between a 6/5/4 and a 6/4...

David J. Hirsh said...

I like Xcels but also have a ProMotion 3/2 for summer. Give them a try. Bomber suits, pretty good neoprene, absolutely the best value around, and they're outta Oregon.

David, Seattle