Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Laid Plans

N WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. NW SWELL 2 FT AT 6 SECONDS.

Often go astray...
Yesterday I saw a bump...
This infernal 2 foot swell...
Supposedly was jumping to 4...
Of course it didn't happen...
But that's another story...
Anyway, I knew it was gonna be hot...
So I packed up last night...
And I knew it was gonna be small...
So I packed a really long board...
And I knew it might be too small...
So I packed a fishing pole & tackle...
Figured I'd at least get wet...
Surf if possible and fish off the board if not...
Got up early, coffee'd up...
Get in the car and start 'er up...
Squealing noises & smoke out the vents...
Quick inspection of the engine...
I know how to open the hood...
But that is the extent of my mechanical skills...
Call my mechanic, he's in early...
"Bring it in I'll take a look"...
I start it up, the squealing & smoke is gone...
But no power steering, just turn wrasslin'...
Get it there, high hopes of a quick fix...
No such luck...
Stuck deep in the valley...
Sweaty and pissed and no car...
No surfy for me til Monday...
At least the swell's supposed to bump by then.

5 comments:

Gaz said...

You missed








nothing.

Wave Farmer said...

No fish out there?

Gaz said...

1 fish and I got it.

Anonymous said...

pff whiners.. no surf in florida for months, and that was 1/2 ft.

Anonymous said...

heaven forbid you from riding with someone else?