Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Power


NW WIND 5 TO 10 KT...BACKING TO SW AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 FOOT. W SWELL 5 FT AT 9 SECONDS.
When I had Skip Frye shape me an Eagle...
I told him to make it bulletproof...
I didn't care about the extra weight...
So, he used a 1/2 inch stringer...
And heavy glass all around...
But after about a year...
The Eagle's starting to age...
A fin box that needed repair...
Rail shatters due to smacking the rider...
Now a ding in the nose that will need to be dried & fixed...
Worse than that several stress cracks...
Across the belly of the board...
Likely due to riding it in overhead surf the last 2 days...
I'm kinda bummed...
But that's the price you pay...
And if I had landed that floater...
On a 10'6" board...
On a 10'6" face...
That'd have been sweet...
Instead...
Just damage.

3 comments:

Gaz said...

You sooooo crazzzzyyyyy!!!

Wave Farmer said...

nah nah nah

You more crazy than me.

Rick said...

hey Doc. Your comic strips kill me every time. wonder if we could use this one for Phoresia.org?

email me at phoresia.org at gmail if you're into it.